Writefull's Paraphraser gives you alternative ways of writing something.
Enter a sentence or paragraph and click one of the three paraphrasing levels.
Here's an example.
Minor changes to the original text.
Changes at word and phrase level.
Most changes at phrase and syntactic level.
Frequently asked questions about the Paraphraser
Is your question not here? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the Paraphraser's key features?
|🙌 Free for use||Free paraphraser, no sign up needed.|
|🔒 Safe & secure||Your data is encrypted and never stored.|
|🚀 Rephrase sentences||Minor, medium and high levels of paraphrasing done fast!|
|👨💻 API access||API access to the Paraphraser on request.|
- What is Writefull?
- At Writefull, we use AI to help you write and proofread your academic texts. Our tools revise your language, write abstracts, paraphrase texts, make your sentences academic, and more. You can download Writefull for Word and for Overleaf from our website (click the 'Get Writefull' button at the top of this page).
- How do I use the Paraphraser?
- Enter your sentence or paragraph into the text box and click one of the three paraphrasing levels. You'll instantly get your text rewritten - you'll see small edits, word replacements, and even rewrites of phrases.
- What are the three levels that the Paraphraser shows?
- The three levels paraphrase your sentence to a different degree, so choose them depending on how heavily you want your text rewritten. If you're looking to see what changes you can make to a sentence, select 'High', which is most creative.
- If I use the Paraphraser to change an existing text, do I still need to cite the source?
- Yes; you should always cite your source, no matter how much you change the language. The only thing you don't need to do after paraphrasing is adding quotation marks, which is only required when you cite a source word by word. In all other cases, always add a citation if the ideas or findings are not your own.
- Is the Paraphraser free to use?
- Yes, you can use it for free, with a daily quota that we set to avoid abuse. It's also available in Writefull for Word and Writefull for Overleaf.
- Do you have an API of the Paraphraser?
- Yes, you can also use our API to automatically generate paraphrases. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- What happens to the texts that I enter into the Paraphraser?
- Nothing at all - we don't store anything. Your text is encrypted and sent to Writefull's servers where it is processed and removed straight after.
- I'm getting a message that says 'Quota exceeded'. What's this?
- We set a daily quota to avoid our servers getting too many requests. If you've run many paraphrases, you'll get blocked temporarily, and get the 'Quota exceeded' message. Your quota resets every 12 hours, so you'll be able to use the Paraphraser again after that.
- Do you have more tools to help me write?
- Definitely! Download Writefull for Word or for Overleaf to get a set of AI writing widgets, along with Writefull's automated language edits. Several independent analyses by publishers and copyeditors have shown that Writefull outperforms all other AI proofreading tools - so why not give it a try? (It's free, too.)